I am the kind of person who goes through major phases with food. I can eat one thing everyday for a solid 6 months and then drop it like a bad habit for the next two years. It throws my husband off sometimes. Last year we ate oatmeal every morning… for a long time. Lately I have not been into it and have been eating eggs much more often. At first Patrick would kindly offer, “hey, want me to make you some oatmeal?” and I would reply, “no thanks, I’ll make some eggs in a minute.” He finally caught on, “why aren’t you eating oatmeal anymore?” “I don’t know. I just dont want it these days”. No reason, just done.
Lately one food I cannot get enough of is BRUSSEL SPROUTS. The vegetable that is the poster child for children hating their veggies, I can’t get my fill of this cruciferous wonder. I make it every week lately- the same way, with the same sauce.
Roasted Brussell Sprouts, nice and crispy, with a lemon garlic aioli sauce to dip. Maybe it won’t rock your world, but it sure is rocking mine. Its hearty, its green + tiny things are just cuter.
You can throw other Brussel Sprout Recipes at me, but I am not sure I won't stop eating them like just like this.
1-2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
Garlic Powder, Salt + Pepper
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Cut Brussels in half and place on baking sheet
• Drizzle with olive oil, salt + pepper + a little garlic powder and toss to coat
• Roast for 30 minutes until a little crispy around the edge
• Do yourself a favor and eat them with a Lemon Garlic Aioli sauce. The one The Defined Dish makes is a great place to start!
Here are some ideas of things I eat this with:
- Pan roasted chicken thighs
- Burgers (instead of fries... or with fries)
- Whole Roasted Chicken
- Leftovers with eggs in the morning.
- All by their dang self
Here is to hoping I dont tire of these little beauties anytime soon + enjoy them while they are still in season!